Pharma tablet coating solutions
Tablet coating is a covering (film coating) that is applied to the surface of a particle or a tablet for different purposes. The motivation for coating dosage forms range goes from:
- Colour and gloss.
- Improving the stability (light protection, moisture and gas barrier).
- Making it easier to swallow the tablet.
Also, functional coatings can be used to modify the drug release behaviour from the dosage form. Depending on the polymers used it is possible either delay the release of the drug or use the coating to sustain the release of the drug from the dosage form over extended periods.
Highlights of Romaco Tecpharm Optima coating technologies
- Increases the batch size range from 10% to 100%.
- Optimizes the parameter adjustment fully automatically.
- All in the same drum.
- Automatic arm extension system in terms of distance and angle.
- Automatic adjustment by sonar depending on the level of charge.
- Path and air flow self-adjustable according to tablet’s load for a perfect performance.
The OPTIMA TABLET COATER controls each critical variable which is decisive for the dynamic equilibrium, such as:
- Applied liquid flow.
- Inlet and exhaust air flow.
- Inlet and exhaust air temperature.
- Tablet temperature during the process
- Turning speed of the drum.