Sample preparation is key for correct analysis results, and the type of sample preparation depends on the requirements in the analysis to be made. For this reason it is important to select the correct preparation for the analysis in question. PerkinElmer offers two types of Laboratory Mills, the hammer type mill and the disc type mill.
Features and Benefits
- Falling Number and Gluten Index - Officially approved mills for Falling Number and Gluten Index sample preparation.
- High sample homogeneity - Improves repeatability and accuracy of analytical results.
- Robust design - Excellent durability and very low cost of ownership.
- Suitable for grains, oilseeds and more - Flexible mills for grinding of many different sample types.
- Hammer mills - The hammer mills grind by means of a high-speed rotating steel "hammer" and has a sieve in the periphery through which the sample leaves the grinding chamber. By selecting different sieves, the particle size distribution in the sample can be varied. The hammer mill is typically used to produce a fine and homogeneous sample. The Perten Instruments hammer mills can grind up to 300-gram samples which is the requested amount in for example the Falling Number test. Because of the heat development in the grinding operation and the high air flow through the grinding chamber this type of mill is not suited for grain moisture determination.
- Disc mills - The disc mills grind the sample between one stationary and one rotating metal disc with teeth. The main application for the disc mills is grain moisture determination thanks to the possibility to grind grain without moisture loss. The particle size from the mill can be varied by adjusting the distance between the stationary and the rotating disc. There are also different disc types to choose from.
LM 3100 is a hammer mill with a robust metal construction built in and insulated for low noise level. It is suitable for grinding for Falling Number, Glutomatic, Kjeldahl and NIR analysis. It has a cyclone sample outlet for convenient sample collection, which also makes the mill virtually self-cleaning between grindings.
Features & Benefits
Robust Metal Construction: Reliable operation and long instrument life.
Reduced Dust: Cyclone outlet with filter bag to minimize dust.
Sound Proof Casing: Low noise level.
Large Sample Capacity: Reduces sampling error - fulfills Falling Number requirement.
Vacuum Feed Control: Airflow feeder regulates feeding and facilitates grinding of large samples.
Homogeneous Particle Size: Produces a fine, homogenous sample as required for Falling Number, NIR, and Glutomatic analysis.
High Moisture Grinding: Adjustable feed rate allows grinding of samples with up to 25 % moisture.
Self-Cleaning: Cyclone design minimizes cleaning between samples.
Safe Operation: Motor cannot start until door is closed and stops immediately when door is opened.
Various types of mills are available depending on your needs.